I decided to go with a flower theme, using the girls hands as the leaves on the flowers.
Do you like our multi-seasonal supplies? A vinyl Easter table cloth I picked up on clearance for messy craft projects and a leftover St. Patrick's Day paper plate for the paint.
They thought the project was pretty great, especially since I never let them get that messy.
I tried to think of a way to get Amelia in on the cards but wasn't successful. I thought about dipping her big toe in paint and putting a few dots on the cards and using additional colors of paint to turn the dots into ladybugs or using one of her fingers to make the blades of grass at the base of the flowers, but that was getting way too complicated. She can just join in on the fun next year. The only problem is that means I have to come up with another homemade card idea :/
I tried to think of a way to get Amelia in on the cards but wasn't successful. I thought about dipping her big toe in paint and putting a few dots on the cards and using additional colors of paint to turn the dots into ladybugs or using one of her fingers to make the blades of grass at the base of the flowers, but that was getting way too complicated. She can just join in on the fun next year. The only problem is that means I have to come up with another homemade card idea :/
Once the flowers were glued on the girls got to add some stickers to finish off the cards.
(In case you're wondering, the flowers were from one of those small silk floral bushes. I got the ones we used at Michael's and they're regularly $1.99 and came with six blossoms, two of each color.)
I didn't take a picture of the backs of the cards, but I had Melanie write "We Love You!" on each of them before we started working on the fronts and had the girls sign the cards. Well, Melanie signed. Claire scribbled and I signed on Amelia's behalf.
Then it was time to show off their handiwork (honestly, no pun intended, it just worked out that way)
I'm amused by how you can visibly see Claire's focus deteriorating with each picture.
I also had Melanie use the same card idea for her "Thank You" cards for her teacher and preschool director. Hey, they were cute, I already had all the supplies and Melanie's hand was already dirty, so why not?

3 comments:
What a cute idea! I love the expressions on their faces with the paint on their hands.
great idea! Maybe I'll steal t his for Father's Day (see previous post comment)
SO GREAT!! What a neat project, thank you for sharing. Clever and adorable (and your girlies are adorable as well by the way!)
Post a Comment