We started off by having my family over for dinner on Thursday night. We kept it simple, with mom and dad bringing a couple take-and-bake pizzas from Papa Murphy's and me making a couple of the deep dish pizzas I've posted about before. I made a couple pies for dessert and had the regular holiday candies I make each year available and called it good. The girls were able to spend time playing with family and I wasn't cooped up in the kitchen trying to get things ready, so it was a good arrangement all around. Here are some pictures from the evening.
Claire and Aunt Amber getting started on the gift opening
Grandpa being silly for the benefit of the girls
(as if he needs an excuse for that)
Aunt Amber loving on her coffee maker
Amber moved into her first apartment right around Thanksgiving and was under strict instructions not to buy certain things for herself since they were already claimed as Christmas gifts, one of which was a coffee maker that I had bought for her many months ago in preparation for her moving out. She had been suffering through instant coffee each morning as she awaited the arrival of her coffee maker. Needless to say she was very excited to finally get it!
Claire modeling a pair of the dress-up shoes each of the girls received. They've been clomping around in those things ever since they got them!
The plasma car!
I'm glad we had a couple nice days this past week where the girls were able to go outside and burn off some energy, and the addition of the plasma car to the outdoor toy stash has been a huge hit.
It can support 200+ lbs. and even Claire can maneuver it, although she preferred scooting it around with her feet while wearing her shoes. She's learning at an early age that driving in heels is hard!
Pa reading Melanie one of her new books
Claire trying to snag some candy
Go away Melanie! You're blowing my cover!
In Claire's defense, I had made the candies the week before and up to that evening she and Melanie had each only been allowed one white chocolate pretzel and none of the other candies. The sugar was really calling to her by this point!
One day down, two to go!

No comments:
Post a Comment