Saturday, November 13, 2010

I Finished the Blanket!

 I finally finished this blanket Friday night while we watched "The Muppets Take Manhattan" as a family.  I started it  while we were on vacation in July, but I am definitely not a diligent crafter if I don't have a deadline, so despite this being a very simple pattern it took me quite a while to finish up.  It's the first project I've done for myself that was more than a dishcloth, but it's just as simple so I guess I just made a huge dishcloth with tassels in the end :) 

 I'm pretty happy with how it coordinates with the furniture upstairs, it's new "home".
Right now it measures 40x50, but it will stretch out as it gets used.  You can tell by looking at the right side that that's the side I ended on because the stripes are narrower, a telltale sign that that part of the blanket hasn't had as much pulling and tugging as the left side did from the weight of hanging off my lap while working on the blanket.  

Now to start on this blanket for Stockemer baby #3!  Hopefully the deadline of her impending arrival will help keep me motivated to stay on task better than I did with this blanket!

1 comment:

Monica said...

Wonderful!! It really does coordinate very well in that room. Way to go!!