Since I've been doing more preparing of meals ahead of time and storing them in the freezer I've had more time for making bread to go with dinner recently, which is nice. I made this
Schlotsky's bread to go with a cheesy chicken soup last night (both of which were delicious!) and last week the girls helped me make these
garlic breadsticks to go with stuffed shells. Both of these recipes took very little time from start to finish, including rising time, which is nice since I don't always think "Hmmm, fresh bread would be nice with dinner" at 2:00 in the afternoon to accommodate two separate hour long rises plus anywhere from 20-50 minutes in the oven. Anyway, the girls really enjoyed helping make the breadsticks. A couple of Melanie's even made it on to the tray to bake! In the end I just let them each have a couple balls of dough to play with (it's a nice, easy dough to work with, no sticking to your hands at all). I figured we could afford to be short a few breadsticks if it kept the girls occupied and happy.
Rolling away at their dough.
Melanie liked to talk about how hers looked like a "wormy"
Claire didn't really get the hang of actually rolling the dough out, but she was perfectly content pushing it back and forth through the flour on the counter.
Ta-da! Look at me!
See mine too, dad?
1 comment:
You're such a good mama including your kids in these activities. How lucky for them.
Claire is really starting to look grown up I think.
Enjoying all your posts of late!
Post a Comment