Monday, April 21, 2008

Stuff I Made

This was a really tasty flourless chocolate cake. It tasted just like the Torta di Chocolate from Olive Garden and was really easy to make. It is a very fudgy cake, so when it comes out of the oven you're rather dubious as to if it's actually done or not. I baked mine an extra 5 min. and the toothpick came out clean, so I called it good. Here's the link to the recipe: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Flourless-Chocolate-Cake-II/Detail.aspx?prop31=6

I was out shopping for a pattern to make some curtains and found some really cute fabric, so I opted to make a dress for Melanie instead. It was a pretty simple pattern, I was able to do it in one day. I even learned a few new things; putting in my first zipper and making pleats. This worked out much better than the last time I made her a dress seeing as it actually fits (the dress I made her last summer as a 3 month outfit is just now fitting her). I'm really pleased with how it turned out, and there's still a bit of room in the length, so it should fit her all summer : )
The house across the street from my parents has really pretty flowers in bloom right now, so we took Melanie over for a few pictures before we went on a walk.
Even the tulips are almost as tall as her!


2 comments:

Erin said...

I especially love the third pic... what a beauty!

Erika Marie said...

how adorable! I miss my sewing machine! yes, great photo!