My new cupcake stand
(I've been looking for an excuse to get one of these!)
Very Yummy!
(see allrecipes.com)
Here's an unusual one. Matt's grandpa had mentioned having watermelon rind pickles growing up, and since I had a watermelon rind handy I gave grandma a call and she emailed me a recipe for them. I haven't been brave enough to try them yet (I only have 2 jars since I used a quarter of a melon as opposed to a whole one - Matt and I would never finish a whole one), but at least I can now say that I've had the experience of making them. At some point I'm going to get one of the jars over to granmda and grandpa to see what they think of them since they're about the only people that would know if I did it right or not.
Watermelon Rind Pickles - soaking in the brine
All jarred up and ready to go!

No comments:
Post a Comment