With the Easter Vigil nearly upon us, the RCIA director was reflecting on what a great group of sponsors we have been blessed with this year. As a special thanks, she asked me to make some cookies for a little treat bag to give them as a small token of our appreciation (after all, their real reward for their gift of self will be in heaven).

The goodies are: Ravioli Dolce (the cross cookies - I did a batch shaped the way the recipe called for, and I didn't like how they looked, and it took more time than I wanted to give it and the filling didn't stay in anyway, so I changed them to cut-out cookies with a cross window instead) Peanut Butter Temptations and Oreo Truffles. There were other recipes on the list of things I wanted to give, but the bags are only so big, and I only had so much time. It was fun getting to mess up the kitchen and not have to eat all the fruits of my labor (and wear it around my waist later!)
1 comment:
oooh how i long to be a sponsor at your church!!
Post a Comment