Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A Little Late Night Sewing and Blogging

So, I'm fully aware that I'm posting this at 2:45am, and that most sane mothers of infants are wisely enjoying their slumber right now (assuming their blessed enough to have a sleeping baby) but I'm wide awake. Matt not being home has kinda thrown my sleep schedule out the window. I've been getting to bed anywhere from 1:00-3:00 in the morning this last week, so I figured if I was going to be awake anyway, why not do something I've been putting off that I can't do when Melanie's awake?

I've had the fabric to make myself a knitting needle case since before Christmas, I just haven't taken the time to do it, so tonight I did it! It only took a couple hours, and I must not be too sleep deprived, because I only had to use the ripper once, and I think that was due to vague instructions, not any real error on my part. So here it is. I may add a flap with a snap closure to one of the top pockets to allow me to keep my point protectors in there as well, but that will come at a later date and time. I may also change to a brown ribbon for the closure, but I didn't have any on hand, and the teal matched well enough for now.



This little adventure in sewing has just made me that much more excited for when the room in finished downstairs and I can keep my sewing machine set up all the time. Then I can go sew for a while in the evenings once Melanie is asleep without having to drag everything upstairs and get it all set up, only to make sure it's all put away and hauled downstairs before she's up again. I can hardly wait...

2 comments:

Erika Marie said...

This is so beautiful! I'd love to add this to my list! Except I might start with the crayon/colored pencil case for Alaina first. Did you follow a pattern for this?

Elizabeth said...

I did, but I'm sure it would be very simple to come up with your own using a homemade newsprint pattern as a guide. I'll let you borrow the pattern so you can see how it was laid out, and then you can easily make size adjustments to fit your needs.