Just thought I'd share a picture of the cake I made for an RCIA function we had this evening . I wasn't supposed to bring a dessert, Matt had signed us up for bringing bread so I could use the bread machine (but more likely because he just likes bread, but alas, he wasn't there to enjoy the herbed-dill french bread I made). I've been looking for an excuse to make this cake, so I brought it in addition to the bread. It's called Blackberry-Raspberry Truffle Cake. Three layers of chocolate cake, each spread with a blackberry-raspberry glaze, then separated by a chocolate truffle layer between each cake layer, topped off with a cream cheese/whipped topping frosting and garnished with toasted pecan pieces on the sides. It was pretty tasty, but I don't think I'll put it in regular rotation. I'm not a big fan of whipped topping frostings as a general rule, but everyone else that tried it really like it. It was pretty though, and all gone! Thank goodness for that, I don't know what I would do with that much cake to eat and Matt not home to help me!
2 comments:
you'd wait for me to get back so i could eat it - that's what you'd do!!! come on, you know me!
oh wow, that looks superb! I'd like to make something like that but I'm like you and think I need to wait for the 'perfect' time to make something like that.
Post a Comment