Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day was pretty uneventful at the Stockemer house this year, which doesn't really differ from any other year for that matter, there just happens to be a baby now. As mentioned in a previous post, Melanie and I went to the doctor in the morning. We then went to my parents house to take everyone their cards and to help mom with a knitting delema (she dropped a stitch, but we saved it - whew!). Mom and Amber were off at the Nifty Nut House, which for native Wichitans is the destination candy shop of choice. More selection than the mall candy stores, and cheaper to boot. So as they selected the sweets they wanted to bestow on family memebers, Melanie and I had some social time with (Great) Grandma McHugh. Melanie is especially fond of grandma's walker (I'm working on getting a picture my little walker theif in action), so that provided quite a bit of entertainment while we waited. Oh, by the way, I was given toffee peanuts, Matt was given a 2 lb. bag of Reese's pieces (the last time he was given one that large it took almost 3 months to finish!) and Melanie was given a cute church outfit for spring since she can't have candy.

After Melanie and I took our post-visit naps, Matt came home and we went to visit his Grandma and Grandpa Palmer, followed by a trip to his parents house. After having some fun with Grams and Gramps, we headed over to see Granny Em to deliver her card as well. By this time it was almost 9:00, so we headed home to settle in for the evening. Matt even took on the duty of rocking Melanie to sleep after I nursed her, seeing as my ailments were starting to get the better of me, so he sent me off to bed and tended to the little one himself : )

Here are a few pictures of Melanie in her Valentine's Day outfit. I bought this at the beginning of January, thinking a 9 month outfit would fit her by the time she was 10 months old. I was wrong. The leggings are still pretty long, the skirt is way too big and spends as much time turned around backwards as it does forwards, and the onsie and hoodie still have several months worth of growth in them. Despite the outfit being too large, I subjected my little one to wearing it. It was just too cute not too!

Horray for Valentine's Day!


This picture really captures how much Melanie does NOT look like me.


Melanie and her Valentine's Day gift from Grams and Gramps. When you press his paw his ears wiggle and he says a little diddy about wanting a hug. Last night Melanie wasn't so sure about him, but today she was happily carrying him around and cuddling him like he's her new best friend. Tobey will be jealous.
And finally, on Wednesday night I came home to this little surprise. Matt had worked late, so during PSR I had Matt's mom watch Melanie. Well, when he got done at work he ran to the store and picked up some strawberries and chocolate and did the obvious with them (the picture isn't very clear, but they were BIG strawberries). And he opted for potted tulips, so I can plant the bulbs in my garden this spring. What's even more impressive, he actually thought to get out one of the "pretty" plates to put everything on. What a guy!




1 comment:

ArmyWife said...

go matt!
i'm sorry to hear you're not feeling well. i'm still holding on to a runny nose and cough myself, not fun.