I let Melanie try her first cookie today - one of those Gerber Graduates Arrowroot cookies (I'm as surprised as you are to find out there is such a thing as a cookie without chocolate in it!). The first one I broke up into pieces she could pick up, and she gobbled it right up. I went ahead and let her have a second one (I'm such a softie!) but this time I showed her how to take a bite out of it, and she was all over that! She thought she was pretty big stuff. I've been trying to gradually introduce more textures into her diet, to mixed reviews. Last night I fed her some chicken and stars baby food and she was not happy about that. I was alternating it with small cubes of pears and some applesauce/cherry baby food. Every time I put the chicken and stars in her mouth she'd get a really offended look on her face and act like she was gagging while putting her fist in her mouth and crying (just the noise, no tears), sometimes scraping the food out, other times going ahead and chewing and swallowing. I felt bad, but it was still pretty funny. I had given up on the chicken until Matt got home from confession. I just had to show him what our little stinker was doing. And we laughed. Parents-of-the-Year, here we come!
"C" is for "Cookie" that's good enough for me!
My July Bible Project
3 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment