We let the big girls pick out pictures of giraffes online to color as their "cards" for Amelia. They were very proud of their hard work, and it allowed mom and dad to finish tidying up for the party.
Claire very carefully colored each of the spots on her giraffe yellow, only to color the rest of the giraffe yellow as well, thus defeating her diligent attention to detail. Anybody else have kids that do that?
Amelia's giraffe birthday cake
Ready to party!
Opening a gift with Grams
This year Matt wanted us to try having Amelia open gifts with the people that gave the gift instead of with one of us (as we've done with the other girls in the past). I liked this idea, but then we didn't bother to get a posed picture with each of her party guests, which I am now regretting. Live and learn I guess.
With Uncle John
With Nana
With Grandpa and Grandma
With Aunt Amber
With Granny Em
With Great Grandma and Great Grandpa
With Aunt Laura
With GeGe
With Aunt Katie and (soon to be Uncle) Matt
Admiring herself in the scrapbook Aunt Katie made
It's time to get messy!
Checking out how the frosting feels...
... and how it tastes.
Determining if it's worth having some more.
Yup. It's worth it.
Sucking frosting off of her hand.
Sugar makes me smile!
You're not going to try to take this away from me, are you?
I WANT MORE CAKE!
Well if I can't have more cake then I want out of this chair!
And if you won't get me out of this chair then I'll start tearing the decorations down!
Finally, someone rescued me!


































No comments:
Post a Comment