Thursday, March 15, 2012

January Fun

 January was a pretty quiet time around our house, which is good every once in a while.  Aside from Amelia's birthday party (which will be a separate post) and helping hostess a baby shower for a friend there weren't any big events around here.  And that's a good thing.

 The big girls enjoy playing with their Christmas gifts, like these tutus and wings they were given by Matt's cousin's family.
 New puzzles were also a popular item to keep us busy.
 They're such great friends.
 Playtime with daddy


We've found a pizza dough recipe we enjoy, so we've been trying out different topping combos.  I generally bake a cheese pizza for the girls in the oven, and Matt grills the dough for the adult pizza.   We then top our pizza and finish it in the oven on a baking stone.  This recipe makes a wonderfully crispy crust.  You should try it!
  BBQ chicken pizza

               Spinach, basil, tomato, feta and mozzarella pizza brushed with garlic infused olive oil

 Cheese pizza 
 Chicken pizza with white pizza sauce 
 (I used Parmesan for the sauce instead of Parmesiano-Reggiano since it's what I had on hand)                 

Since we roll the dough out so thin it does tend to get stretched and misshapen when transferring it to the grill, but we aren't eating it because it's going to win any "perfectly symmetrical pizza" awards, we don't mind eating interesting looking pizzas.
Great.  Now I want pizza.

2 comments:

Erika Marie said...

Again,your girls are so cute. I'm so glad they get along so well!
I never would have thought about grilling pizza dough! The one thing that I really love right now is pizza so these pictures are making me hungry. ;) I'll have to try your dough recipe soon.

Monica said...

Great, now *I* want a pizza.

I really like my baking stone a lot. None of my pizzas are round or square either. Aaron says it's "artisan".

At any rate, great pizzas, we have them at least every other week around here.

Oh, and cute kids too. ;-D