When I asked Claire what kind of cake she wanted for her birthday party she requested a chocolate one featuring Elmo. Since I had already done and Elmo cake for her 2nd birthday I opted to go for a general Sesame Street cake and asked her to list some of her favorite characters to include on the cake. 

This resulted in A LOT of different frosting colors.
I tried a new technique for making an image transfer, and while I am glad I tried it, I think I'll stick with the way I've been doing it up until now. The super thick image standing up off the cake bugged me too much to make the only slightly easier process worth it.
Side view of the slab-o-frosting.
Claire with Great Grandma Greenlee
Claire with Granny Em
With Aunt Amber
With Aunt Katie
With Grandpa
With Uncle John
With Gramps (who wore a festive hat for the party)
With mom and her cake
Helping dad place the candles
YUM!
(Melanie thought so, too.)
When we asked Claire what she would like for her birthday she said she wanted "A doll with hair". Melanie had received just such an item for Christmas, and fortunately there was a blonde version of the doll as well, so now the girls have sister dolls as well :)
Happy Birthday Miss Claire!















3 comments:
I appreciate your dedication to covering all the past events before you move on to current ones. It shows your determination- I like that about you, Elizabeth :)
That cake is amazing. I continue to bow down to your cake decorating skills. (And secretly wish you wouldn't set the bar so high. I just need to not let my kids see your cakes ;)
So very cute....everything...the girls, the cake, the pics!!
I love the girls' matching dollies! And as always, a fantastic cake!
Post a Comment