Since my last post a month ago Amelia has gone from
toppling over when you try to sit her up...
... to slumped over semi-sitting...
... to sitting independently like a pro!
She's gone from being dependent on others to get her from place to place...
... to scooting where she wants to go...
... and getting whatever she wants to get!
Nothing is safe anymore!
Full fledged crawling wasn't far behind the scooting, and with that came getting into predicaments that she can't get out of on her own.
(like getting stuck between the armchair and end table)
Within a week of the scooting/crawling accomplishment Amelia was pulling herself to semi-standing at the base of the stairs and getting one of her knees on the bottom step.
(Just for fun, there's a very similar picture of Claire in this post)
(Just for fun, there's a very similar picture of Claire in this post)
She quickly figured out how to pull herself to standing using just about any stationary object available (including Matt's leg hair!) and we quickly lowered the crib mattress.
Now she's just showing off with this one foot, one hand combo.
Before that development had been around long enough to be old hat Amelia started slowly cruising furniture.All of this in a little over a month! And I naively thought the third child would give me a break in the mobility department since she has two older sisters to cater to her whims and bring stuff to her. HA! Looks like she opted for the "Gotta keep up with my big sisters" course of development instead! Lord help me, I'm going to need it!


















2 comments:
YAY! You're blogging again, just when I was getting ready to say something sarcastic on your facebook wall ;) I love the picture of Amelia eating the book. I can't believe how fast she is growing. I will pray that the stair climbing part comes very slowly, or that she at least doesn't figure it out for a while!
What a cutie!! I was very impressed with how mobile she was at Catholic Motherhood a few weeks back!!
Post a Comment