Sunday, July 10, 2011

Wakeup Call

 After getting home from the ranch late on the 3rd Matt was really nice and tried to let me sleep in for a bit on the 4th, so he took care of the big girls' breakfast.  Apparently Claire eventually thought I had slept long enough, because she hauled her keyboard onto our bed and began to play an original composition just for me, to help get me ready to seize the day (I'm sure that is the exact thought that was going through her 2-year-old mind)


I'm hoping she'll reserve future performances to non-sleeping hours.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I love your face in that last one! I'm sure I would have looked much more irritated :)

Erika Marie said...

i agree-the face captured it all!
you look beautiful by the way, it's no fair you have curly hair so you probably never have bed hair right?

Elizabeth said...

Oh Erika, I have worse than bedhead. I have ponytail-head. I wear my hair in a ponytail when I sleep, and my hair is such that when I take the hair tie out my hair still stays in the relative shape of a ponytail, with the exception of a few of the shorter coils that have worked their way out of the hair tie and are standing up in an unattractive manner. If I take the alternative and leave my hair down not only does it get tangled, but the side I sleep on will get matted and frizzy while the other side stays looking normal, so I have a Jekyll/Hyde thing going on. So none of the options are a pretty sight, and I have to completely wet my hair down every day to make it presentable. No brush and go for me :( Some day I'll work up the nerve to post a picture of my hair in the morning, or, more frightening yet, my hair with no product in it at all. Now THAT'S scary!

Erika Marie said...

oh ok, well then I guess I'll forgive you for having curly hair after all. ;) Does your ponytail give you a headache at night?

Elizabeth said...

No, but I don't get headaches from my ponytail during the day either. I keep my hair short enough that I don't think it gets heavy enough for that.