Easter morning
Baskets and eggs waiting to be found by the girls
Coming down to see if there's anything in the baskets we set out the night before
Not too sure what she thinks of the situation
Checking out the goods.
Like all good little sisters, Claire was more interested in what was in Melanie's basket than what was in hers.
The eggs were a hit!
And yes, those are pom-poms in the basket instead of grass. I bought the baskets on clearance last year and forgot to buy grass, which I didn't realize until Saturday and didn't want to send Matt out to get any. I was planning on giving them the pom-poms anyway, so why not have them pull double duty? As an added bonus there wasn't any annoying grass pieces laying all over the house afterwards.
And yes, those are pom-poms in the basket instead of grass. I bought the baskets on clearance last year and forgot to buy grass, which I didn't realize until Saturday and didn't want to send Matt out to get any. I was planning on giving them the pom-poms anyway, so why not have them pull double duty? As an added bonus there wasn't any annoying grass pieces laying all over the house afterwards.
I really like Claire's facial expression in this one.
"Gewwy beans!"
The first egg hunt of the day: finding the eggs the Easter Bunny left "hidden" around the living room.
Showing off one of the barrettes she got.
Claire found one!
Trying to eat some of dad's candy
Egg hoarder
Claire was not interested in posing for pictures before mass.
Melanie is much better trained in this area
This was the best shot we were able to get of both of them together.
The second egg hunt of the day: Grams and Gramps house
Every time Claire would try to get an egg Melanie's competitive spirit would flare up and she'd go in for the steal. I'm trying to make sure Claire gets at least one egg.
Elizabeth's "Type A" personality in photos:
"Here Claire, the egg goes in the basket."
"I SAID it goes IN the BASKET!"
Oh whatever. Let her play with it and be happy.
I'm still a work in progress.
Who needs a basket?
Unlike most kids, Claire likes to take eggs out of the basket instead of putting them in.
Egg hunt #3 : Home
Cousin Sara helping get an elusive egg.
Taking a break from hunting eggs for a bit of ball play
Check out my haul!
Taking a break for some jumping. She's getting pretty brave with how high she'll go to jump.
And finally, the beautiful flowers my sister Laura brought from her garden so I could make a centerpiece.
We hope your family had a wonderful Easter full of relaxation, family and memories. We sure did!
Rejoice! He is risen!

3 comments:
Great photos. Way too many things I'd like to comment. I wonder if you put these on facebook too?
The girls look precious in their sweet dresses! You did a much better job at getting a good picture of the two of them than I did with mine! And I have to say... I did a double take at the pic with Melanie jumping in your backyard! Neither of my kids (including Noah) are that brave :) And lastly, I have to say... love your centerpiece! Those hurricanes sure do come in handy for many things! Looks like you had a wonderful Easter :)
awesome. Looks like you all had a beautiful Easter!
Post a Comment