Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Christmas Part II : Christmas Eve at the Stockemer's


Christmas Eve was spent having dinner with Matt's family.   The adults enjoyed prime rib and many tried the inaugural batch of John's blackberry wine (made with berries picked by the family at Spring Creek, of course!),
I didn't try any (not a big fan of wine), but Gordon and Stacey were pleasantly
surprised with how it turned out for a first try.

While the girls ate whatever we could convince/barter to get them to.

Melanie tried a bite or two of just about everything I asked her to, in exchage
for some roll with blackberry jelly of course!
I'm sure Cheerios are a traditional Christmas food, right?
Claire snuggled up with G.G. Palmer for a quick nap while everyone else started unwrapping presents.

The rocking chair Aunt Katie got for Melanie - she's pretty tickled by it!


The personalized aprons Granny Em made for Matt and me
Mine has a bit of terrycloth sewed on it for wiping your hands on - how ingenious is that?!?!
Granny Em trying out her KU snuggie
Uncle John opening his gift from us (more accurately, from Matt)
a case of Brawndo!
(For a bit of background, check this out)
He was apparently pretty excited about it.
I was actually quite ashamed of Matt for getting this for John and kept asking him when he was going to get him a "real" present.  I was so embarrassed that I refused to wrap the gift (making Matt do it instead) and told John before he opened it that I had nothing to do with it and apologized for its absurdity.  Boy, was I way off base!  Lesson learned.  I will not doubt Matt's gift-giving prowess in the future, at least not when it comes to his brother.



Melanie wearing her apron from Granny Em, playing with the bricks Grams and Gramps got for her and Claire.  Matt, Katie and John had some as kids that they apparently played with a lot, so the tradition is being continued.  The blocks were "wrapped" in a cedar chest that I'll use to keep the girls baptismal gowns and other keepsakes in for when they grow up.
Claire eventually woke up and opened some gifts, but wasn't too impressed overall.  Such is life with a 10-month-old.
She was in a much better mood after her nap though!


Checking out stockings which included some Veggie Tales videos, candy and fruit, among other things.
Trying to get a picture of the girls in the cute Christmas outfits their Grams got for them.


Ok, half way through the Christmas posts!  Woo hoo!

No comments: