Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Christmas Part I : The Greenlee's

Yes, I realized Christmas was almost two weeks ago.  But we've had a wonderfully relaxing time since then, so I'm just now getting around to sifting through the 350+ pictures we took between all the family gatherings that took place between the 23rd and 25th.  Yes, we take A LOT of pictures.  In our defense, we were trying to be sure Claire's first Christmas was well documented.  And it was.  Very much so.  So without further ado, here is the first installment of the Christmas 2009 posts!

On the 23rd we had my family over for dinner and to exchange gifts, our first family gathering for the week.  It was a nice evening for the girls hanging out with the Greenlee side of the family.
 Playing "horsie" with Grandpa
The sweets we snacked on for dessert.
From the top right : white chocolate cookies 'n' cream fudge, cherry mash balls, mock toffee, smoked sea salt chocolate-covered turtles (my new personal favorite!), white chocolate pretzels, Texas bonbons (coconut and pecan filling), chocolate covered peanut butter crackers (think Girl Scout Peanut Butter Patties), more turtles, and peppermint topped brownies (these looked impressive but I doubt I'll make them again).
Melanie helping distribute packages

















Claire comment bubble:
"You want me to do what?"
"You really want me to tear that?"

















"Like this?"           
"I can do that!"
*RRRIIIIIPPPP!*
Melanie and the doll cradle Aunt Laura got her, sitting on the doll rocking chair Aunt Amber got her (that kid has a really tiny tush!)
















Aunt Amber got Claire her first doll.  She wasn't very good at waiting patiently for the packaging to be removed.
Is she done yet?!?

















Got it!                  
And what do you do with your new baby doll?  Try to eat it, of course.
"Claire, your baby can sleep with my baby."
This is why we have a gate around our Christmas tree.





Matt and his extension cords.  Always the practical one, he is ;)
The girls enjoying the Fisher Price Nativity Set while their mom sits there thinking "So many pieces!" ;)
(Really, it is a great toy.  We aren't opening the Wise Men or The Inn at Bethlehem until next year, though.  I've got to take it slowly!)
Can't quite reach...


And finally, the girls with their Nana.



1 comment:

ArmyWife said...

pretty sure that's the first time i've seen claire unhappy - thank goodness for the excellent documentation!