Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Claire's First Solid Food and Sitting Up

We let Claire try her first solid food on the July 12th

These obviously aren't it,
I just thought they were funny.
She's quite the grabby little thing!

I was feeling too tired (lazy) to pump any milk for the rice cereal, so we just mixed in warm water.
Claire was not impressed.

So we tried again a few days later with breast milk instead, and she loved it!

If you don't get another spoonful to her quickly enough she starts to gnaw on the highchair :D
I just bought some fruits and veggies yesterday, so we'll see how well received those will be!

You can't really tell from this picture, but she's been sitting without support for a couple weeks now.
She hasn't quite mastered getting herself into the sitting position yet.
It's quite frustrating for her.
So close though!
Good thing she has Melanie there to help her through the tough times!

2 comments:

mary said...

what a kind and dedicated mamma you are. max acted like i was torturing him when we tried real food for the longest time. but i was never so nice as to pump for his cereal. i just let him starve and waited him out.

pianomanda said...

My mother would love to adopt you. I never pumped for cereal either, and would add water. My mom thought it was disgusting and cruel. ...but my kids didn't seem to mind, which is why I didn't balk at it. :)