Thursday, January 29, 2009

38 Week Check-Up

We had our 38-week check-up this morning, and everything is looking good. Blood pressure and weight are doing fine, my legs are swelling but that's to be expected at this point. I've been having mild contractions on and off for the past week, and they're apparently making a bit of progress b/c I measured at a "loose 1" and am about 40% effaced, which isn't much in the grand scheme of things, and I know I can stay at this for quite a while, but it's farther than I was when we checked in at the hospital with Melanie (when I wasn't effaced AT ALL and no dialating either), so I'll take whatever I can get! I doubt Claire will be making her debut in the immediate future, but I'll keep you posted... who knows, maybe there will be a post entitled "We're Going to the Hospital" in the coming weeks!