When I say we take a lot of pictures, that is a massive understatement. We snap pictures of the girls constantly. When we get an idea in our heads of how a picture should look, we go completely overboard on the number of pictures we take trying to get that elusive "perfect" shot. Case in point, what is becoming our yearly picture of the girls on the decorative wagon we put out during the fall. Last year it took seven pictures to get an acceptable pose out of Melanie and Claire, the third one being our favorite shot. Granted, we've added another child the the mix since then. Another kiddo to keep looking at the camera in a quasi-happy sort of way does make things a bit more complicated, but it shouldn't be 80+ pictures over a two day time span complicated. We just tend to do that to ourselves I guess. Someday I'll get my OCD issues addressed. Until then, I'm sure there will be more events like these happening at our house.
The real kicker? We ended up liking the sixth picture in the series the best :/ *Sigh* Someday we'll stop doing this to ourselves our kids.
(In our defense, it was pretty chilly and a heavily breezy the first day, opting to try again the next day after church)
This is how you end up with 5000+ pictures in a year. I am SO thankful for digital cameras, otherwise we'd have to choose between sending our kids to college and having cute pictures of them, and I wouldn't completely trust myself to choose college savings over film developing if it came down to it. After all, I am the same person that would use entire rolls of film on posing pictures of her stuffed bears as a "tourist family on vacation" as a child, thanks to my godfather giving me a camera for my 8th birthday. Bless my parents for footing my film developing bill!



1 comment:
Oh my goodness, me too! And I'm even worse now that we got our DSLR. I may or may not have taken almost 1000 pictures in December alone... This whole post had me cracking up! Thanks for the laughs!
Post a Comment