Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Amelia Grace Is Here!

Amelia Grace was born last Monday and we've been busy ever since!  Here are some pictures from while we were at the hospital.  I'll post more pictures and her birth story later, but this is a start for now.
Born 1/31/11 at 12:01pm
8lb. 12 oz.   20 inches long
Our biggest baby so far!
(Melanie was 6 lb. 13 oz. and Claire was 8lb. even)
We got there with enough time for the doctor to make it this time!

Amelia came out with some serious finger nails!  She had already scratched her face several times before she was even born!

That being born stuff is hard work!  I think I'll take a nap.



 Meeting little sister for the first time
 Melanie was pretty smitten with her right away

 Claire checked her out for a bit, but then moved on to getting attention from all the adults in the room (there were 4 grandparents, 2 aunts and an uncle there to get attention from after all)

 Melanie was very excited to get to hold her new sister.  
She'd been practicing with her baby doll for months!
I had the girls help pick out an outfit and stuffed giraffe (Amelia's "signature" animal.  Each of the girls has one, Melanie's is a sheep/lamb and Claire's is a bunny.  Don't ask me why I decided to do it, I just did.) as a gift to bring to the hospital to give to Amelia when they met her for the first time.
 The girls were both pretty excited about their gift, and I crocheted a hat to coordinate with the outfit they picked out.

Family of five!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Cute pictures! If you need a baby book with a giraffe on it - I can recommend one (we have one for Ruby that I really like)

Debi said...

You are outnumbered!! Lovely pics!! You have a beautiful family...Congrats again!!

j 29:11-13 said...

Oh, you are going to make Gus' decision so difficult. His two favorite animals are giraffes and sheepies.

Erika Marie said...

I love these pictures, reminds me of when Alaina was born and everything was so perfect. What a great idea to have the girls bring her a present, I love it. You are a great mom! I like the giraffe too.
Census Guy, i thought you only commented on family blogs? ;)
Gus might have some competition who lives closer to Amelia.