Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Tanganyika

 About a month ago we had the opportunity to go to Tanganyika Wildlife Park with my family.  We hadn't been there before, and I think the girls really enjoyed the more hands-on aspect of this zoo.


 Claire feeding a giraffe 
 Both girls were a bit trepidatious about touching the alligator.

 Amelia just chewed on her stroller straps
 Feeding the lorikeets
 One got a bit greedy and stole Melanie's nectar cup
(And no, I did not go in the lorikeet habitat.  They're birds.  And these birds have a tendency to land on people.  As in actually touching people.  Ew.  Just ew.  Conveniently, strollers weren't allowed inside so I made a great sacrifice and guarded Amelia in the stroller while everyone else went in.)
 Petting a snoozing kangaroo
 Despite the 100+degrees it was outside the penguins primarily hung out on the side of their pool.
Silly birds.
 We put Aunt Amber in charge of watching her goddaughter and somehow she managed to lose her.
 Of course the playground at the zoo was just as exciting as the animals, especially since it was a "big kid" playground, unlike the "toddler" playgrounds I tend to take the girls to for the ease of corralling them in one place.
Weeeeee!

I think I'd like to take the girls again once they get a bit older, then maybe they won't be so nervous about touching the animals.  If nothing else, I know the girls would be thrilled to play on that playground again :D

3 comments:

Debi said...

My kids love T..the white tiger exhibit just didn't seem super safe to me, though, they were ramming their cage and roaring at people. I asked one of the keepers why they were doing that. The keepers said it was that they were excited at all the "easy" prey...ie...young children. Yikes!!
We left right after that.

Matt S. said...

I think it must have been too hot for the tigers to care the day we were there, they were both sleeping and you could barely see them at all. I remembered you saying that about the exhibit, so I was surprised that they didn't seem to care since there were tons of kids there (Cessna Credit Union was having their anniversary celebration there and tickets were $2 each through CCU, that's why we went at all, a bit too pricey for my taste otherwise)

Elizabeth said...

Um, so that was obviously me. Didn't realize Matt was signed in :/ It even said I would be asked to sign in once I did the word verification thingy. Blogger is a liar :P