| The girls all ready to pick peaches with Grandma and Grams |
| I'm not too sure what inspired Melanie's pose, but it is what it is |
| The only variety of peaches they had left were Crest Havens, which are a smaller variety that is ideal for canning and freezing (according to what the orchard owner told me, that is). Hopefully I'll be more on the ball next year and we might get out there earlier to have a larger variety to choose from. |
| The trees were just the right height for the girls to get in on the picking action, which I was really grateful for. It wouldn't be much fun going to pick peaches if you can't reach any of them! |
| Claire was much more interested in the peach picking than Melanie was. Melanie preferred to run from tree to tree to talk to us and check on our picking progress. |
| Claire took full advantage of taste testing the fresh produce |
| We canned most of the peaches we picked and I made peach butter and jelly with the rest |
| Claire found the pots I had used for the jelly sitting in the sink and scooted a chair over to help herself to the leftovers. If that isn't a look of pure orneriness then I don't know what is! |
| She dubbed the jelly to be chin lickin' good! |

1 comment:
Fun times and adorable pictures!! And yay for another girl!! Poor Matt is going to be quite outnumbered.
Post a Comment