Friday, September 26, 2008

Baby Update

Ok, one more quick post before I head off to bed.

I had a monthly checkup today for baby #2 and overall everything is fine (we're at 20 weeks right now). My weight gain is right on target (but still more than I'd like it to be - but then again, who really likes watching their waist disappear into oblivion?) and my blood pressure is very good, which is kinda amazing considering all the stressful stuff that's been going on this week. I was sure it would be a bit higher. I guess I handle stress well, or at least my heart does!

I did find out that I will be having another sonogram in about a month. We had one at 18 weeks, and my amniotic fluid was measuring at an 8, and apparently they don't like it to go below 7 and would rather it be closer to 10-12, so we're going to check on it again. Also, the baby's head was measuring right on target, but the abdomen was measuring kinda small. My doctor said it's not really a big concern at this point, but they'll go ahead and measure again next time to be sure it catches up with the rest of baby's growth. She said there can be slight growth delays between one body part and another, and they usually even out on their own, so I shouldn't worry. I really like how low stress my doctor is. That's the last thing I need right now is someone stressing me out about stuff that isn't a major deal and I can't really do a whole lot about now anyway(baby miracle grow anyone?). I just have to be sure I stay well hydrated, and that should help my fluid levels go back up. And on a positive note, this will give us another chance to possibly see if baby is a boy or a girl since s/he was so shy the first time. We'll just have to wait and see!

Other than that I'm feeling great. I'm not nearly as tired, but I'm still taking naps since I have found that laying down with Melanie gets her to go to sleep with less fussing, and after laying in a quiet, dark room for 10 minutes I normally end up feeling tired, even if I wasn't when we started. I really need to be more determined to not let myself fall asleep because I end up wired and awake late at night (like right now!) and I also don't get anything done around the house. Oh well. The laundry and dirty dishes have yet to run away from me while I'm resting, so I guess it's not that big a deal after all.

1 comment:

Erika Marie said...

yay, you're blogging again! That's great that everythings going great! You are a super baby maker! I think pregnancy is one of the only times that a woman can feel good about getting bigger since they are growing a little human being!
Good luck with the sleeping and Melanie. We are going through the same thing right now. I was drooling on his panda bear waiting for him to sleep and now here I am wired and blogging...